View Single Post
Old 10-15-19, 08:50 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by FlashBazbo
FOLLOW UP: We are almost a month into this. (The wait is no big deal because, in the last 3 weeks, I've had two triathlons. I've spent the month almost exclusively on my TT bike.) I go pick up the bike tomorrow afternoon and, if everything is as it's supposed to be, I will be a happy customer. But my happiness is very much due to extra measures taken by my LBS.

With BMC, if you have an approved frame warranty claim, BMC sends your dealer a frameset out of their "warranty frame inventory." The "warranty frame inventory" consists of framesets that are officially designated for warranty replacements. Color choices are limited. If it had been left strictly to BMC, they would have sent me a 2018 frameset in black and silver -- the only color available in "warranty frame inventory" -- my least favorite color and certainly no substitute (in my eyes) for the Team Red of my original frameset.

My dealer intervened. He ordered a 2019 bike in my choice of color and is transferring my components to the new 2019 frameset. I'm not sure how he's going to even things up, but I'm very happy with his solution. (And he will be selling me a new gravel bike as a result.) A good LBS is a valuable thing.
Rough year for you in terms of bike frustration. A crazy expensive road bike frame breaks, it takes a month to resolve. An expensive gravel bike disappoints and frustrates you to the point of getting a new one.
Hopefully 2020 brings you less bike headaches.