View Single Post
Old 10-17-19, 03:31 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4528 Post(s)
Liked 6,425 Times in 3,698 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
Aaron, thanks for jumping on this thread and sharing your thoughts. I'm taking the liberty of posting a picture of your Super Pro Aero here as a comparison of what is spec for this bike (let me know if you want me to take this down).

Is your bike 100% spec as best you can tell? 6 or 7 speed? Can you post a pictures which shows the bars from above? Do they have a unique shape? It looks as if you have original hoods on the levers. Is my best bet just to keep looking on ebay? Do you know if the 600AX hoods are a close match to the DA AX hoods?

I'm leaning more to what @Highmass (welcome to BF and C&V!) suggests, keeping it close to how the original owner raced the bike. It does need at least new brake shoes and cable housings. I just realized last night there is no derailleur cable housing. The single stretch of cable from the BB shell to the RD along the right chain stay is a sight to behold. I'll try to take and post better pictures of this setup.

I have stayed in touch with him and he has invited me to come by after the end of the year when he is settled into is new home and his wife's cancer treatments are complete, to learn more about the bike and his career. He has located additional cassettes and chainrings which he wants to pass along to me.
@jjhabbs thanks for posting your Pink Supreme. What a beauty! Lotus offered the Super Pro Aero in Pink or Gold in 1983. That's a great color. I'll take a look at the 3rensho in the classified.

@merziac, thanks for your insights as well. Very helpful since I've never paid any attention to these types of bikes.
You're welcome, glad you got something out of it despite my going on and on, sorry for the derail.