Old 10-20-19, 02:54 PM
h2oxtc

Bikes: Cannondale Caad 8; Jamis Aurora Elite, Kona Disc road bike, Rocky Mntn Equipe, Apollo Imperial, KHS Aero Comp SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by rutan74
Just my 2 cents here.

My money is on the BRP and summit Mt Mitchell. If you don't do Mitchell you are missing one hell of a climb if that is your thing. Not to mention the views from the top are amazing in all directions. Two of the 3 highest peaks in the east are there. Mt Mitchell of course being the highest peak in the east.

john
Reviving my thread from last winter. The suggestions of all were duly noted. I rejigged travel plans to allow 3 days riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway, but as life goes or in this case the weather, it worked out to just one.

But what an amazing one day ride. Rode from Swananowa (East Asheville) to the top of Mt. Mitchell and down the top 4 miles where my wife waited with lunch and a ride back down. 43 miles and 6500 ft of climbing. A bit of a stretch for me given how little I've been riding, but the amazing views and sunshine were motivating.

The other two days, one before and one after Mt. Mitchell were 25 mph winds gusting to 40 mph the day prior and rain all day the following day.

I'm exceedingly happy with the one day.

Again, many thanks to everyone for their input.

Paul
Likes For h2oxtc: