Old 10-21-19, 03:00 PM
Tonedog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I eventually found a much better solution. My real complaint seems to be that unless an ebike costs over $2K, American bikers seem to be ignored completely. So, I'm on my own.

After substantial troubleshooting, I determined the problem with the bike was in the small unit (a triangular aluminum assembly) that linked the brake cables and the display cable together. I believe water had gotten into the unit because when I pried it open, I spied a circuit board inside--about 1-1/2" long by 1/2" wide. Using an angle grinder and pliers, I cut the unit apart and removed the circuit board. Sure enough, there was a spot on it that looked shorted, but there was also an email address in tiny print. The email address lead me to Jim of Clouddrive.tech, which I found was a company in Shanghai where Jim, the designer of the circuit board, worked. The problem was, however, that the company only deals with the EU--nothing in the US. Jim assigned the problem to Amy who said they'd send me a new unit, called a Multibox, which performs the speedo/odo function. I'm waiting for it now, and will repost after I get it.

If anyone is interested in the electronic parts to the Cyclamatic ebike, you might want to log in to clouddrive.tech and scope 'em out. Not sure, but I think Cyclamatic bikes needs a forum since they seem to be selling a lot of them in the US.

Last edited by Tonedog; 10-21-19 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Multibox can be viewed at http://www.clouddrive.tech/#/connector-cdbl-c