View Single Post
Old 10-22-19, 06:32 AM
kaos joe

Bikes: Trek 5200, Rivendell Atlantis, Soma DoubleCross, Bilenky Signature tandem, Cannondale RT3000 tandem, Santa Cruz TallBoy, Kona Explosif, Bridgestone MB2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 90 Posts
Hello G, and welcome aboard!

South Huntington is a great place to live for a cyclist. There are lots of great roads right out the door. If you are interested in riding with a group, nearby you have the Huntington Bicycle Club (which I believe meets in Greenlawn?).

Probably not much further away is the Massapequa Park B.C. which despite the name has rides leaving from the Bethpage library parking lot on weekends, and Borella Field a bit north of that on weekdays. The Borella riders are a mix of MPBC and HBC members. Check out the website. Many if not most of our rides go to, or pass through, your area of northwestern Suffolk. The photos I put up in my previous post on this thread were all taken in South Huntington.

I passed through there again yesterday riding from the south shore to Caumsett, and am peeved because I took a few really nice pictures in the golden light of late afternoon, and then accidentally deleted them.

Anyway, hope to see you on the road!