Old 10-22-19, 07:58 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
My plan last night got foiled a bit by forgetting the local fair is going on. They were using a field by my planned TT bike route out-back for satellite parking.

Made the best of it. Got a few PR's and leaderboard segment times on the 4mi outbound piece. Power in the new bars (raised a bit) is up about 25w.

I averaged about 23.5mph on a rolling couple of segments that's never flat. All up, or down. Flat, no doubt would have been averaging 25+ mph. Parts of it where you're definitely under 20mph for good stretches and parts where over 30mph for good stretches.

Bike feels so much more stable and I feel more powerful on it now. I think the reduced reach is a win also. The bull bars also have a nicer hand feel.

Now, want to get her out on a flatter/steadier stretch and open up the legs a bit.

I think I can get another 15w or so into it going from a SS ride pace to TT pace. Maybe 20w.

My VI was kind of crappy even, due to hills and dealing with crappy traffic. Like 1.10. I want to be seeing more like 1.02 or 1.01 for TT.

I think the mornings the wife does her little gym training class I'll setup the TT bike for some Zwifting.
Likes For burnthesheep: