View Single Post
Old 10-22-19, 02:25 PM
kaos joe

Bikes: Trek 5200, Rivendell Atlantis, Soma DoubleCross, Bilenky Signature tandem, Cannondale RT3000 tandem, Santa Cruz TallBoy, Kona Explosif, Bridgestone MB2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by The 2nd G
Thanks for the information, Joe. I looked up the Huntington Bicycle Club, and it looks like their season is ending in a couple of weeks. I'm definitely joining in the spring.

Funny that you rode all the way up to the north shore to go to Caumsett. That was actually the first long ride I took on my bike a few weeks ago. I thought twice about it because of the steep hill you face on the way back when you pass the beach, but it ended up not being as bad as I thought. Last week, I rode out to Nissequogue river state park for the second week in a row, this time taking some more bike-friendly roads.

Hey, if you see someone on a black bike with a bright orange helmet, it's probably me.

GG

GG,

I'm surprised to hear HBC "ends" their season. Some of the guys continue year-round, as does MPBC. Many of us, myself included, shift more into mountain biking when the real cold hits. It's much easier to stay warm on the trails than out in the wind on a road bike.

Caumsett and Nissequogue are 2 of my most common destinations when solo, and many club rides go to Nissy, Kings Park, Crab Meadow, Northport, Oyster Bay, Bayville etc. Go backwards on this thread, I and a couple of the other regulars like to take pics on our rides and some of the places might be familiar to you or might appeal as a destination.

Keep an eye out for a dork with a mustache most commonly on a dark green Soma 'cross bike. If you see a couple on either a bright yellow or ruby red tandem, definitely me and the better half.

Last edited by kaos joe; 10-22-19 at 02:30 PM.