Old 10-22-19, 09:05 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel
Hey! Just chill out. Somebody wants to get out on an ebike..... what's it to you? You a bike nanny?

(Where is the dislike button?)
Is that the way you handle comments you don't agree with? Its not about being a nanny, its my opinion. How about posting something useful. If I'm wrong, show me. I'll learn something new here today.

Originally Posted by Alzerbster
No Krane I'm not kidding myself. I have a lot of common sense, and I can clearly see why some people buy an ebike to ride. Like the 77 year old guy I rode with, and others that would not ride without the assistance of an ebike. I'm not talking about a 20 something that shy's away from physical activity and decides he wants an ebike because he won't have to pedal as hard. I'm referring to people with disabilities, or people of older age that have lost a lot of muscle mass, and they just can't ride a 25 to 30 mile ride with a group.

I purchased a bike about five months ago, and I decided to try biking to see if I enjoyed it. I don't ride a bike to commute, race or anything else. I ride a bike because I find it fun to do so. Most all the people I encounter on a rail trail are riding to enjoy the scenery, fresh air, and yes to get a little exercise. Basically they ride because its fun for them to do so. Whether you know it or not there are a lot of people that ride a bike for fun, and nothing else. I have a very good friend that rides an ebike, and she is not out to ride fast, as you claim people that own ebikes do. In fact most of the time she never uses the assist, and her bike is at least a 50 pound bike. She only uses the assist to help climb a grade, or finish a long ride when she gets tired. She is a caregiver for her husband, and she is 61 years old. She has been riding her e-bike at least once a week all summer, and each ride is at least 25 miles. Not all ebikers are the lazy speed demons you think they are. Some people really can't see the forest because of the trees.
First, that was a rhetorical phrase. Second, go back and read my post again. Your reply didn't fit my comments. I guess maybe you just needed to tell your story.