View Single Post
Old 10-24-19, 09:35 AM
mechanicmatt
Hoards Thumbshifters

Bikes: '23 Black Mtn MC, '87 Bruce Gordon Chinook, '08 Jamis Aurora, '86 Trek 560, '97 Mongoose Rockadile, & '91 Trek 750

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 193 Posts
Originally Posted by jbchybridrider
I only really know it's claimed to be a rebranded Mongoose anything else is my speculation. I'm sure Yeti wouldn't openly say they used another brands frame either. More speculation
I promise I'm not arguing. Are we sure this isn't from someone repainting this as a Yeti? I was a big fan back in the day of both companies, if this was from '89, they had been welding steel since '85 at that point and were welding 'FRO's as steel through '91-ish. It doesn't make since that they would do this. However, there were a bunch of riders they had that started at Mongoose, maybe they painted one because they hadn't prepped a frame something for a new rider? I don't know, that is certainly a curiosity frame. Yeti admitted to copying the loop-tail that Mongoose had on their BMX bikes, and then Mongoose then got influenced by Yeti to do the same style on their aluminum mountain bikes.

Also Easton wasn't involved until '92, why would there be an '89 frame that was used for 3 years later? A '92 Mongoose IBOC frame looks nothing like that either.

Last edited by mechanicmatt; 10-24-19 at 02:21 PM.