burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
First, I can't tell anything from those photos, they all look alike to me. And second, what of women who is 6'4 and a man who is 5'4? Its not as simple as you proclaim.
Uhm, did we ignore the part about men being born with a few ounces larger hearts and at least 10% larger lung volumes?

Also, in the pics.............the person in question literally looks like a "nobody" Fred on the local 20 mile C or B group ride. The rest of the people in those photos look like cut and trained super athletes.

There's over 800 watts difference in peak power from elite men to women in that event. I'll claim ignorance and go with what I could find at hand, quoting 1400w for women. Not a slouch effort at all, much less not for a clubbie Fred dude. But, for comparison........I'm a skinny roadie nobody that races and can peak at 1200 and hold 700 for darn close to a minute (ok, ok, 690 for 45 seconds and 770 for 30 seconds). Totally untrained for track racing. Zero weight lifting. So, yeah, a Fred dude transitioning and then training could probably smash some women on a sprint.