View Single Post
Old 11-04-19, 07:49 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by bcpriess
Just curious how other cyclists drive in residential areas, stroads, and highways. I give myself plenty of time to get to my destination, so I tend not to be in any kind of rush.
I cant imagine anyone coming on here and declaring they dont GAF and drive recklessly. It isnt socially acceptable, so I would guess only those looking for attention or socios would do such a thing.

I drive better than I used to when I was younger...or I have just learned to do a better job of avoiding accidents and speed traps.
Tough to tell- self evaluation when it comes to driving is comically inaccurate.

I look at my phone to open Amazon Music or pick a podcast- to me its the same as selecting a CD/tape/8track.
I also look at my phone when using Google Maps. Thats usually at a stoplight though- planning ahead cuz Im such a good boyscout.

All seriousness, if my driving habits have changed over the last 15 years, I would associate it to having kids vs cycling.