View Single Post
Old 11-06-19, 02:33 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18376 Post(s)
Liked 4,511 Times in 3,353 Posts
Originally Posted by SamSpade1941
if they can answer a couple of simple questions ( frame size being most important ) then I’ll arrange to meet and inspect and make an offer .

Chances are I’m going replace the components with those of my choosing anyway. So honestly I don’t care if the buyer used a 3T stem or a Nitto Pearl or why they used it ...
Originally Posted by SamSpade1941
I put details and photos in my ads , you still end up getting people who will ask ... will a 56cm frame fit me ?

I’m to the point of someone messages me asking if a frame fits them or not .. I delete the message and go on ..
I never know what is too much or too little info to ask. I can guess the size close enough with the photo.

And, I could care less if a seller replaced the tires, they inevitably chose something cheap that I don't want anyway (so dry-rotted tires are just fine).

But there are different markets.

The market to those tinkerers that look at the bike as a pile of parts to be built up as one wishes.

And those who want the bike ready to ride.

And, of course those that can barely ride.

If you're selling a $2000 carbon fiber wonder-bike, and get a person writing that they're 5'6, will it fit.. then they're probably not the one. Nonetheless, if they have a pocket full of money, then why not.

On the other hand, if it is a $50 beater... grocery getter. The perfect fit may not matter, and you may snag a few newbies who just know it has 2 wheels.

The more you delete responses from interested buyers, the harder it is to sell for your asking price and terms.