View Single Post
Old 11-06-19, 07:37 PM
SamSpade1941 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by roccobike
You're gonna love this story. I had a similar experience a while back. I list a bike on CL and get a response, a dude says he wants to see the bike. We set up a meeting and I show up at the agreed location and he does too. He looks at the bike and begins to tell me all about it. He has an impressive knowledge but this is beginning to take up my time. He then tells me he was never seriously interested in the bike, just wanted to see it and makes a really low ball offer. I refuse, load up the bike and leave. Sold that bike to someone else.
Fast forward a couple months. I have a really desirable Bridgestone MTB frame with nasty paint, but great XT components. So I strip it of components, then list the frame on CL. So who responds? You guessed it. My friend who wasted my time and low balled me on the earlier bike. This time he sends me one of those "Cash in hand, I can buy it now" responses. He's foaming at the mouth, I can tell. I ignore his e-mail. Next day, he sends another, reminding me we met (bad move) and we 'know each other' (got that right). I couple days later, I purposely sell the frame to another guy who was just as anxious to get it.
Then the moment of satisfaction. I send the low ****** and e-mail telling him "I'm sorry it's sold". Unless he's a moron he had to know he was one of the first to respond, but it didn't matter. Hell would have to freeze over before I'd sell him that frame. Dang that felt good.
Gotta love Karma....