Old 11-13-19, 12:59 PM
Flying G

Bikes: 1971 Gitane TDF, 1974 Gitane Interclub, 2001 Serotta Rapid Tour CS3, 1986 Bruce Gordon touring bike, 1972 Gitane Super Corsa, 1978 Michal Johnson, 1972 Lambert Professional Grand Prix, 1983 Vitus (resto project), 1972 Raleigh Professional (resto)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Rode the CA Eroica the last three years and already have my ticket for Eroica CA 2020 and the Beauty of Fatigue! Anticipate bringing another group from the Davis Bike Club, who also rode last year. Given last year's teething problems, I agree that we all need to work a little harder to make this next event more successful and am willing to volunteer some time during that 3 day weekend to make that happen.

1. Contact Info: Brian Gegan, Flying G, Brian.Gegan.com@gmail.com,530-756-8794, Davis, CA.

2. Route: 75 Santa Lucia (SL)

3. Primary Riding Bike: 1972, Gitane Super Corsa, Metallic Red under build-up and hope to have ready by Jan/Feb. Plan to display at Concours ( CC) an early 1970s Lambert Grand Prix Professional (Gold) 15 speed, under restoration.

3A. F/R gearing: 52/37/32 - 14-28 5 speed (converting the existing double to a triple using a triplizer), 700c x 32 Continental Grand Prix tires. I think that I'm a good climber but still will get my ass kicked by Killer Canyon at the end of the day.

4. Planned Dates of Arrival and Departure: Plan to be there Friday - Monday, April 3rd - 6th. Will rent a house in Cambria to share with other DBC members and spouses but will alert thread members if we have room available.

5. Additional Activities: Interested in a Friday ride, possible Friday BBQ and volunteering in some capacity (please let me know what is available or who the POC is). Will attend the concours as required to show Lambert and the Swap Meet as well. On the fence about the Saturday evening Eroica Dinner or whether to have our own meal back at the house.

Jan/Feb/Mar are busy travel months but hope to get enough riding time in so that I don't have to walk the bike too much on that final ascent!

Best regards,
Brian