View Single Post
Old 11-13-19, 06:59 PM
Londonsworld 

Bikes: 71 American Eagle Olympiad, 03 Trek 5200 P1, 2013 Trek 6 series Domane, 83 Apollo branded Kuwahara, 78 Trek TX 300, 73 Nishiki Intl. 86 Nishiki Prestige, Nishiki Olympic, 72 and 73 Nishiki Safari', two-speed Electra BMX cruiser 1, 87 Nishiki Linear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 38 Posts
Apollo SR 5 / Kuwahara Japan - Canada (Fred Deeley)

A good friend of mine found this machine (Serial # 83 1 30777) in a thrift store and stripped it for parts. He was tossing the frame and fork in the dumpster :-( I saved it and figured I'd use old parts to get it on the road again. The only parts that I did not have in my shed was the headset, BB and 25.4 seatpost. I found the Kuwahara headset and seatpost on ebay and bought a cheap Shimano BB from my LBS. Found Race face handlebar off a trashed Kona MTB. Old SR stem (too short for me) Bontrager Kovee Elite saddle, Bontrager tires, Specialized Axis wheel set, Old scratched up Shimano 600 cranks off a Nishiki Tri A, Kyokuto Pro Vic 2 pedals, ancient Cateye reflectors, old Electra bell, Specialized grips, C3 brake levers, lightly used KMC pink chain, NIB Dia-Compe brakes (I think I traded parts for the brakes a few years ago and old NOS Shimano freewheel. It's a smooth riding bike..... :-)