Old 11-14-19, 12:08 PM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
@bpcyclist honestly I don't even know Cervelo's current line. I bought my 2018 when it was on clearance this year. Don't get me wrong, especially now with the RAP TA fix I love my S3. That said, it MSRP'd for $8800. I was able to talk my LBS down to out-the-door at 5K flat (with 10% CA sales tax, that's essentially $4550). So just about half off. Given that it came with SRAM Red eTap 11spd and ENVE SES 5.6 with DT Swiss 240 hubs...I thought that was more than a fair price (basically at the time it was the cost of the wheels and groupset alone). I would never have considered this bike at anywhere near MSRP. Not even at the standard "talk 'em down to 15-20% off MSRP off" discount.

So unless the current generation has something that you absolutely want that isn't available on last year's model, I would look for an LBS (or e-tailer if you don't have an LBS) that's clearancing last year's models and go with that. You'll likely find some absolutely great deals.