Old 11-15-19, 01:36 PM
aclinjury

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 128 Posts
https://peterattiamd.com/ketosis-adv...-state-part-i/

Now here's an interesting personal blog from Peter Attia (an MD), a once prominent and voracious advocate of ketogenic diet. I remember when I first started my keto experiment, Attia's orginal 2012 blog was what got me experiment (because he was an MD, had great biochemistry knowledge, and methodical in his explanation, and that lent credentials). I remember Attia and Gary Taubes were talking about getting funding from a Texas billioniare to establish some sort of foundation to fund research to prove that the keto diet is the real deal. This was back in 2009-2012.

But during 2011-2012, Attia himself was starting to waiver form the diet. And by 2014, he was out of the diet.

Now in 2018 (in his blog), he seems to be saying that he understands less about keto today and his conficence in his knowledge of ketogenic has decreased. However, he doesn't outright say that ketogenic is bad, he merely says that it's not for him anymore. Now this is from an MD, with great knowledge in biochemistry and science.

Nowaday, I Attia is more into the science of "longevity" than nutritional diet. But I attribute that to "moving on and trying new things in life", eh?