View Single Post
Old 11-16-19, 08:31 AM
DOS

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by AnkleWork
Is there such a thing as "last year's bearings" and why would they remove the packaging just to close them out?
No idea. The listing for the ones I bought showed a pic of the standard packaging and the seemed to be a brick and mortar US bike shop with an online side business. So I was surprised by the Packaging.

Originally Posted by Kapusta
Another thing you need to be carefull of on Amazon is unauthorized dealers. Many warranties require purchase from an authorized dealer.

I used to think that the requirement to buy from an authorized dealer was just a way to get out of warranty claims, but with all the counterfeit products out there, I can see why companies need to do that.
Hard to tell who is authorized for a product as widely available as Enduro bearings. But I guess lesson learned is to go direct to a supplier site rather than route to small suppliers via Amazon or EBAY...Universal cycles, Wheels mfg, Modern Bike,Jensen, and others all seem to carry Enduro bearings, and Enduro directed me to Enduroforkseals, which is run by a company called RWC.

The site my bearings came from is called Send it! Bikes. They have a stand alone site and an EBAY presence as well, claim to have established the Cannondale Experts site, and are or used to be a Cannondale dealer in Utah. I previously have gotten baggie packaged Enduro bearings from an Ebay seller in New York called Abaxo.