Old 11-18-19, 06:26 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by NoControl
Hey Franco, Rumor has it the Trek 720 Multitrack has the exact same dimensions. The caveat is that it wouldn't be lugged like the one above
Got to keep the dream alive....... I Snoped that one out, and as I recall the geometry is similar except for a jacked up bottom bracket height.

I figured this out when a 23" lugged 720 multitrack was on craigslist a while back. On the lugged frames I would need a 21" to have comfortable stand over and reach. Trek lowered the bottom bracket on the later tig welded Multitracks because people were rideing them more on pavement than off road, I believe that they are still significantly higher than the "520". The other problem is that the 520's geometry shifted around over the years. I have a 22.5" Trek 400T Elance that shared the 520's geometry of that year, so that years 520 is solidly in the "sports touring" camp. I'd still like to find a 21" lugged Multitrack, but as far as touring with a high bottom bracket my experience with a 23" Koga Miyata Hybrid touring conversion, I would have preferred a bit more drop, riding loaded on the road.