Old 11-20-19, 10:09 AM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1583 Post(s)
Liked 1,210 Times in 613 Posts
Originally Posted by one4smoke
Well, that makes two of us because I don't doubt what you're saying either. So, this is certainly a head scratcher. I'd like to verify one way or the other, but it seems it all depends on who you talk to. Maybe it's dependent on which bike you have. What works on your Sirrus X Comp may not work on my Roubaix. Although, I don't believe my LBS guy even mentioned particular models. They just told him the repercussions of swapping them.
Agree ... the 'party line' (and apparent inconsistency given my experience) from Specialized is odd.

If the answer you received had to do with fitting a FS (any) to a non-FS Specialized frame, like your Roubaix (?), that's one thing. So I dunno!

The 'length' thing is odd, though. According to my LBS there were no compatibility issues at all, and the other thing is that I can't see how 2.0 requires more room internally to work, as reported to you. Physically, the whole cartridge surely either fits, with clearance, or it doesn't. The 'working' (action) of the shock takes place inside the cartridge, and the travel hasn't changed. Puzzled!