View Single Post
Old 11-22-19, 08:38 PM
zjrog

Bikes: 1986 KHS Fiero, 1989 Trek 950, 1990 Trek 7000, 1991 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, 1992 Trek 1400, 1997 Cannondale CAD2 R300, 1998 Cannondale CAD2 R200, 2002 Marin San Rafael, 2006 Cannondale CAAD8 R1000, 2010 Performance Access XCL9R

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by 1AvidCyclistCat
Yaiks! You are the Maximus Spartacus of middle Agee’s cyclists. Embrace our injuries as memory treasures of wonderful cycling adventures honor! Hey brother, I have the sport Trike Performer, purchased from Florida nice dealer, it feels like a cross between fast sports SUV and a go cart, he he.You are welcome to borrow it...
Not so much gladiator, as pugilistic dummy... My injuries are part of my story and I hear I'm inspirational far more often than I'm truly comfortable with. Now the offer to use a noble steed of speed, is quite generous. But I doubt we are close enough to make good on that... Bummer. I am collecting bike parts and frames, to build one of the Atomic Zombie trikes.

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Recovery time after severe crash Not to interrupt this Mutual Admiration Society, but as I was reading this thread it occurred to me that all these accounts are of successful recovery and we’ll not hear of those who have left cycling (or this earth) after their incidents. I get the sense that like military veterans we too are reliving unforgettable traumas, and are proud of our sucesses.
As a veteran, never in combat though, I'm just used to living with my pains and aches. Some just make me feel old before my time, then, there are the ones I've done to myself...

Originally Posted by 1AvidCyclistCat
Alloo, most certainly will. It is very hard to look at my bicycles laying around like steeds feeling bored and neglected.
I agree, knowing they are resting, maybe upset at at me, mocking me at times... Just bothers me. Except fr the one I crashed on. That one has been enslaved to life of bondage on the indoor trainer...