View Single Post
Old 11-23-19, 10:17 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
My preferred saddle is the Brooks Cambium C17 Carved. However a big part of saddle comfort is fit, some people ride too narrow or too wide saddles in poor positions. Once you have a good position, then a good pair of bib shorts will help as well. Though the fit is first and foremost because maybe the saddle you have is right for you but is just not in the right position and maybe you aren't in the right position either.

I did put 9 out of 10 because I haven't ridden long distance since my fit and typically don't ride more than 60 miles in day being realistic. Also there might be a better saddle out there for my bum, I don't know because I haven't tried every saddle but I have tried quite a few and the Cambium is one I really like. My fitter also said stick with that one as it seems to be right for my sit bones.