View Single Post
Old 11-23-19, 10:52 PM
BicycleBicycle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SoccerBallXan
I always enjoyed cycling as a kid, but during my high school years transport to-and-from school was either going to be the cost of multiple public transport passes or a bike. The bike was clearly the best choice I have ever made.

During my third year, State Bicycle became a rising phenomenon here in AZ. Locally branded, decently equipped, and semi-reasonably priced CroMo bikes? Sold! I received my first single speed from their popular Xmas “random” bike sale. A solid black state bike, white nice white logos.

During this time I also got hired as a bicycle courier. This job has changed my life and made fixed gear riding my passion! I rode my State Black Label for thousands of miles all across the greater Maricopa area. After a while I found it was time to upgrade.

Over the years I’ve also put thousands of miles on my Leader 725 (before the brand ran into issues) and now am racking up miles on my Mercier Kilo TT Pro. I have a passion for riding, especially fixed (maybe it’s the lack of crazy hills). As I’ve grown and have learned to appreciate cycling more I’ve transitioned into owning some bikes with gears (shocker!)... but I still plan to ride fixed until my knees fall off!!

Cheers to good beginnings!
Sometimes it's the addition of crazy hills that gives you passion .