Old 11-24-19, 11:37 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 270 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4567 Post(s)
Liked 6,549 Times in 3,758 Posts
Originally Posted by ascherer
Still growing?
Well I had always ridden frames that needed at least two fists of SP, longer stems up at or past their limit or Technomic's since jumping back in 7-8 years ago.

Then last year stumbled on the 66cm Merz and found out how much better it rode, especially on longer and harder for me rides.

Bought a 26 inch Paramount to confirm so here we are. I can still ride all the other 62 and up bikes and frames that I have just fine but not buying anything smaller unless its way to good/cool/rare/obscure or cheap to pass on

I suspect there are a fair amount of us that have come to this sort of realization, I always knew I needed a big frame but they did not readily present themselves and I seemed fine until I finally got an accurate PBH/inseam measurement, almost 38in. I'm only 6ft tall so that is a bit unusual and really made it clear I needed the even taller frames.

I recently also had a proper fitting and they were surprised that I had the 60cm Gordon and the 66cm Merz both setup with near perfect riding position especially after completely settling in after riding 15-20 minutes on the trainer.

Last edited by merziac; 11-24-19 at 01:28 PM.