View Single Post
Old 11-26-19, 05:02 PM
bpcyclist

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 364 Times in 227 Posts
Originally Posted by davester
When I do a long hard ride such that my legs hurt afterwards, I find that I'm in a bit of pain the following day, then often worse the second day and then substantially improved by the third day. This obviously means that muscle recovery from a hard ride takes at least two days for my 65 year old body. I'm guessing that you are interrupting your recovery periods with more muscle-damaging stress thereby re-injuring yourself and never completely recovering. This type of thing is a major reason that many athletes do cross-training with sports that use different muscle groups than their primary source. This isn't rocket science...if it hurts when you do something, stop doing that and try something else.
Yep. I think whatever could have been done wrong, has been done wrong on my part. Other than effort--that part, I have down. Oh well. Started today a nice, easy 18-mile spinning type thing. It felt really weird, I must say, and was constantly having to rope myself in and slow down. So accustomed to riding a certain way, I guess.

Am currently drinking a protein drink, not half bad--pretty expensive, though. But since I am no really eating meat anymore, I gotta get it somewhere. Progress, not perfection.