View Single Post
Old 11-28-19, 12:00 PM
Amt0571

Bikes: Canyon Grand Canyon AL SL 8.0, Triban RC520 Gravel Ltd, Btwin Ultra 520 AF GF, Triban Road 7, Benotto 850

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked 215 Times in 137 Posts
Originally Posted by jimc101
They have a 5 year warranty for being leak-proof, as with anything that has a warranty, use, and would avoid doing anything to void it.

For maintenance, my experience has been totally different to this, I have HS-33's from 3 generations on different bikes, and have never had any issues with air bubbles/needing to bleed them, the only time I bled them was when shortening a hose, which you would probably have to do for any hose change/adjustment, and the process is very easy, for fluids, Royal Blood (Magura own fluid) would be preferable to use, other alternates include Shimano mineral oil, and Citroen LHM fluid
I know they have warranty, but I'm not going to send them back for something that I can fix in 20 minutes at home.

A friend of mine had this brakes on a trials bike and had a similar experience to mine.

You can use them with nearly every mineral brake fluid. They're known to work even with olive oil or water (not that I recommend it!). The fluid isn't going to heat up, so no problems with boiling. Though if you dare to use water (some trials riders did, since it seems it improved the feeling) , it may freeze on winter.
Likes For Amt0571: