Old 12-01-19, 02:17 PM
63rickert

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked 332 Times in 248 Posts
Originally Posted by wafranklin
Can you post info on how to find a custom bike builder?
Are there any custom aero bike builders?
I didn't realize this was an option.
You need help spending money. Do I get a commission on this?

You want aero carbon. That limits it a lot. Without doing any research my only guess would be Parlee. RZ-7 model I think. The aero is Asian made, may have some custom options. Ask them. Either way quality control in Beverly, Massachusetts is comprehensive. At the price you're talking they will kiss your feet. Previously mentioned Time and Look frames are available aero, not custom. They are made in France and quality is worlds past Giant or Trek.

Custom builders in carbon, off the top of my head, no aero option, Firefly, Landshark, Calfee. There have to be many more. Firefly mentioned previously because they are a maximum bragging rights fashionista sort of place. Good bikes regardless of the PR.

If you have never had a high end bike before it might make more sense to skip the aero part. Unless you are much faster than seems likely aero is pretty meaningless. How much time do you spend above 50kph? Even above 40kph? Downhill or in a pack does not count. Basic no problems high quality bikes for the well heeled IMO would be Seven or Moots. If you don't have a mechanic or a firm relationship with an LBS buy complete fully assembled bikes. And then get to know a bike shop.