Old 12-03-19, 05:43 AM
sweetspot

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Specialized Diverge Comp 2020 - my review

Hello,

as you may already know I run a gravelbikes.cc project where I test different bike part and whole bikes to find out how comfortable they really are. This time I got the chance to test a new 2020 carbon Specialized Diverge comp and I must say that for me, mostly thanks to a Future Shock suspension, this is one of the most comfortable stock gravel bikes you can buy right now. Seriously, it beat my benchmark bike which is a steel Jamis Renegade Exploit equipped with a Lauf Grit SL suspension fork and a Redshift suspension stem (only rear of the SPec is less comfortable but when you put an Ergon CF3 / Canyon VCLS 2.0 seatpost and a comfy saddle like a Brooks C17 it transforms to a great comfy all arounder).

The downsides?

The position on the bike is quite high (due to the Future Shock), and the bottom bracket is hanging really low so pedals strikes are a common thing. And maybe... the lack of a Future Shock 2.0 (a more refined version of Spec's suspension this time with a hydraulic addition). Also, the 24 spokes DT wheels felt like a weak point, especially in terms of the front of the bike (Future Shock makes you ride every pothole just to see where is the limit of its suspension and while the Future Shock itself works great, the wheel takes all the beating).

If you have any questions about this bike or my review please just ask me. I am happy to answer.

https://gravelbikes.cc/tests/special...p-2020-review/

greetings!