Old 12-03-19, 07:59 AM
eja_ bottecchia

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 463 Times in 293 Posts
I read an article also criticizing this particular ad by Peloton.

The critics were in two distinct camps. There those who were outraged at the high cost of the Peloton bike and Peloton classes. They bemoaned the fact that many Peloton ads depict the bike in upscale homes and settings. Yes that is a marketing ploy to make the connection, in people’s minds, between the Peloton bike and having “arrived” financially. But I am sure that there equal numbers of Peloton bikes being used in garages and basements. I have a Water Rower rowing machine, the ads depicts the rower in similarly upscale settings. Well, I don’t own a $3M home, my very “fancy” rower is in my garage, right next to my bike trainer.

The second group of critics seem to be in the body envy group. They were upset that the husband would gift the Peloton bike to his already slim, and apparently fit, wife. These critics are probably overweight couch potatoes who cannot understand that fitness is an ongoing process. You just don’t lose weight and then stop training...you must keep going in order to preserve the fitness gains that you have already achieved.

BTW, after a few close calls my wife no longer likes riding on the road. We are considering getting a Peloton bike for her. It is pricey, but if it keeps her motivated to exercise, then it is worth it.

People just need to relax and worry more about what they are doing and worry less about what others are doing..
Likes For eja_ bottecchia: