Old 12-04-19, 04:00 PM
ridingfool

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
About 15 years ago I went to Brooklyn's largest high-end pro shop, R&A Cycles. Yea, those guys. I was looking for something high-end myself, but they really couldn't get me a ride on the bike that I liked because it was a custom build. Instead, knowing that I hadn't been on carbon before, they set up a nice Giant TCR for me to take a loop around Prospect Park, about a 4 mile ride. I was hooked on carbon, and bought the bike I still ride today without test riding. They almost lost the custom sale to that Giant, but I don't regret for a moment buying the Kuota with Chorus.

I should add that after taking delivery about a week later, they did a custom fit and had the thing completely dialed in. You can only hope that you are treated that way in a lot of shops. Also they upgraded any parts they didn't have in stock, not a huge amount but enough.
not sure they still do test rides on their higher end bikes which are most of what they stock.when I bought my BMCwas told no test rides so ended up buying from PIERMONT bikes the shop thier is well stocked and any bike on the floor is no problem taking out for a test ride in fact the owner wants u to take for a longer ride so you can get a good feel for the bike. But if you ride enough you kinda know in a few minutes if the bike is what you want or not