martl
Strong Walker

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 484 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageTTfan
Even the brown leather San Marco Rolls that I have that is a recent modern reproduction of the original is so good that when I ride it it feels like there is no saddle underneath me.....it is that comfortable no lie! It is the most comfortable saddle I have ever had. I have yet to ride the original one I have in white. Before that I had some Japanese leather saddle that was pretty old but still had a perfect shape. It felt like i was sitting on a rock.....it was horrible. And here is a bit of heresy....."An ultra light bike does not equate to riding ability or even speed. Give me a great rider with a slightly heavier bike over a mediocre rider on a fifteen thousand dollar carbon feather any day." Okay stone me now.......
i agree the cliché is fun, but while people who keep a Rolls tend to ride lots, it doesn't automatically mean that people who pay attention to the weight of their components can't ride. The two or three most hartdcore WWs i know are/were ultra hard riders, i'm talking "Ötztaler" times around 8hrs or a leisurly 1-day ride of 7000hm/370km - in the rain and at temperatures of 5°C. BTW my most comfortable saddle is a 74g AX Lightness sprint.
Likes For martl: