Rajflyboy
Banned.

Bikes: Orbea

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 170 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageTTfan
Ha ha ha.....good question! Are you referring to vintage carbon bikes like the ones in the above post? I will assume you are....unless you want to tell me otherwise.

The best answer I can give you is......they are much rarer than vintage steel. They are also usually much more expensive. I saw a very special one being sold for ten thousand dollars on Ebay and the guy changed his mind and took it down after one day. However, I can not assume you are not rich. If you are then I would always check Ebay regularly. On a highly specialized bike like these I would be very careful as a purchaser. Ebay and paypal or other forms of protection are necessary. Now if you ran into someone who had worked in the industry and had one or their family you might get lucky. You could check reputable specialty shops or dealers in Europe or Japan and ask around. It would be easy to get ripped off unless you had a trustworthy shop or dealer or auction house. To be honest I would think it would be a pain in the ass to buy one of these because the replacement parts would be hard to find and the mechanical tools required to work on them might be rare ...I do not know and it would be hard to know what was wrong with the bike to begin with. I would feel bad if I did not warn you of the trepidation involved in collecting such an item. Now vintage steel bikes is a bit different..........although goodness knows I have endured some agonies........

Johno59 since you worked in the industry that designed a bike like this ...can you chime in on the question of where to buy such a bike? Thanks.
i would be interested in any historic time trial bicycle. I’m not rich though.
Likes For Rajflyboy: