Old 12-11-19, 02:18 PM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1042 Post(s)
Liked 933 Times in 542 Posts
Originally Posted by stevel610
1. I'm glad you got covered and nice job getting a Supplement. It will be the more affordable option long term.

There are a couple of very significant things which may cause you to want to move faster than slower. Plan F is the Cadillac plan but Medicare changed their rules and new enrollees are not going to be able to enroll in Plan F after January 1st. What this means is everybody in plan F rates are going to go up significantly as those who are in it age and get sicker. If you have some medical event that won't allow you to switch to other carriers you may be stuck in a very high priced plan for the rest of your life.

2. You are still in your initial enrollment and can still enroll in any plan and have guaranteed acceptance. After the next three months you will have to qualify to change plans. You will want to enroll and at least the Plan G if not a plan and to keep your long-term costs low.

3. I would recommend getting an independent agent who offers several companies plans and can give you the best price for a given plan. If you don't know one I can give you the name of a great agent who covers California.

4. DON'T GO BACK TO WHOEVER SOLD YOU THE F. They were looking out for themselves rather than you. AND GET OUT OF THE PLAN F. Really. The monthly premiums are about to rise significantly.
I will take this all under consideration. It does give me 1 or 2 things to think about. For the record, no one sold it to me, I chose the plan on my own. In the past I have had high deductible policies (non medicare) and I guess I could say I've been twice bitten. I usually opt for the most coverage that fits my pocketbook. But again, you did give me some food for thought and I will be taking another look at what I have over the next couple of days.