View Single Post
Old 12-14-19, 03:44 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked 1,299 Times in 867 Posts
From the photos of this bike, I dare say that it appears rideable as-is, with just the addition of four medium-strength zip-ties tightly wrapped diagonally across the derailer body and seat tube. I would leave a quarter-inch of each zip-tie's excess length still there, so that a tug with a plier each of the first couple of days might keep the attachment super-solid until everything settles down.
Plastic is like that, you can't really tighten it sufficiently on the first go, like bottle cage bolts that should always be tightened again a day after installation, after the paint and plastic have yielded a bit.

Tires appear to be holding air. Chain perhaps in need of oil, but this looks like a working bike to me.

From there, a user would then have at whatever needs fixing (or is in any way aesthetically incongruous with this bike's purpose). A little oil-can TLC can go a loooong way!