Old 12-16-19, 09:46 AM
jimincalif

Bikes: '96 Trek 850, '08 Specialized Roubaix Comp, '18 Niner RLT RDO

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by MAK
I bought the Stan's Dart (the product you're referring to) back in November. I got mine at REI but they are on almost everyone's web site including Stan's. I haven't had to use it yet, but the 'science' is interesting.

Further posts refer to metal plugs??? The bacon strips are some sort of a Rubber compound aren't they? The insertion decide is usually metal. Same as having an automobile tire plugged.
Dynaplugs have a brass tip on the rubber bit to facilitate insertion. The brass bit stays in the tire and might also work as a barb to resist the plug coming back out of the tire. They say there is no issue with damaging the rim, I’ve been using them and no problems so far. The tire I’ve used them in is pretty much worn out now so I will be pulling it off shortly and will see what things look like inside. Once the tail of the plug wears off I can no longer see where they are, so I am interested to see from the inside if all three of them are still there. If not, then the new Stan’s Dart might be better. Having just cleaned my bike recently to get sealant off, if Orange Seal bonds to the tire and plug as well as it bonds to my frame, sealed holes should be pretty secure!
Likes For jimincalif: