View Single Post
Old 12-22-19, 10:13 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveLeeNC
I am very much a solitary rider. In fact the ability to ride solo is part of the appeal of cycling to me. I don't know Tommie Brock but I know the name Rick Finnin from seeing some pretty good Strava times associated with his name. I don't think that I have ever met him, but honestly the only two cyclists that I actually know by name own my LBS (Rainbow Cycles in Southern Pines). Like I said - kind of a solitary guy.

I am also a golfer and interestingly the time that I now spend on my bike is time that I used to spend playing golf (where I am now pretty much a once per week guy). And yes I am at least a club shorter (more like 15 yards with the driver) than 4 or 5 years ago.

dave
Since I retired I’m riding less but playing more golf. I always thought my bike mileage would zoom skyward when I retired. Just a matter of choices.

Tommie actually worked at Rainbow for a few years. I think he was doing mostly sales stuff versus wrenching.