View Single Post
Old 12-24-19, 01:10 PM
sunburst

Bikes: Giant, Peugeots, Motobecanes, Kona, Specialized, Bike Friday, Ironhorse, Royal Scot, Schwinns

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by sloar
When your not buying bikes what else are you guys spending your hard earned money on? Two years ago I finally made the commitment of learning how to play guitar. I’ve went through several acoustic guitars before finding the right ones. Now that I’m set I’m finally ready to start looking for bikes again. Where does everyone else’s money go when not buying vintage bikes?
OK, this resonates with me!

I was loaning a vintage bike to a neighbor to ride Eroica and whenever I take someone into my garage there is the inevitable wow factor of restored bikes, frames (in the queue for restoration), wheelsets/tires/tubes, hanging from every conceivable nook and cranny. And what is not immediately obvious are the boxes, cabinets, and dressers full of sorted parts. The other main function of my garage is to store bookcases full of sci-fi. So anyway, I turned to her and said with a laugh, "yeah, and my house is full of guitars."

And btw, I find guitars and bikes similar in the sense that as you ride/play and learn more, you go through an evolution of machines to find out what works and fits best.

Last edited by sunburst; 12-24-19 at 01:13 PM.