View Single Post
Old 12-25-19, 11:57 PM
rgppgr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Unapomer
Back in the day (1986) I acquired an abandoned Sears Free Spirit that had lugs just like in your photos. It had Reynolds 531 tubing, Suntour dropouts, and an overlong top tube on a 56cm c-to-t frame. It had the original pea soup green paint job. I rode that bike for about five years and it made me appreciate Reynolds 531 tubing.

I researched the origin of the frame and the best I could come up with at the time was Austro-Diamler. As always YMMV
That's interesting. I don't know what the drop outs were on the other two "Condor" bikes in this deal. This frame fit me and had the Campa installed. I put together three or four other bikes to sell and pay off the loan. I was able to get into this one on the cheap. A friend owned a bike shop and he told me about which parts were good. I still don't know a lot about vintage frames or frames in general. I either like the bike or not. If it fits my needs I buy it. My grand daughters ride some rough roads so I didn't want to ride this. As luck would have it I found a Cannondale Beast of the East for $30 so I can go anywhere with them now. This frame thing is something else. I had no idea people did this sort of thing. Counterfeit bicycles! I'll see if I can research Austro-Diamler. The serial number 269 is low, right?