Old 12-27-19, 10:11 AM
YBeecher

Bikes: Cannondale EVO Super-Six

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
THR Coming up Soon

Hi Dave, I have a THR coming up next week in the US. I'm so afraid about the prospect of not being able to ride again, having ridden 4,000 miles this season. The mention of someone having pain in their hip flexors when riding has me scared to death. It's my first major surgery and I'm a wreck. Would like to hear of your progress.

Originally Posted by brumby33
Glad I found this thread....
Hi I'm Dave from Sydney Australia, almost 60 and in the process of preparing myself, mostly mentally for my left hip replacement.
It's mainly from Osteo-arthritis that I'm getting it done and not from bone on bone from sporting wear n tear, more from my job sitting down for up to 12 hour days.
My range of motion is really bad, haven't been able to reach my left foot for 3 years now.
I do love riding my touring bike, mostly commuting to and from work which is really only 2.5 mile each way but it's usually the only exercise I've been able to do as I limp really bad...my workmates started calling me the 'Penguin' as in the one from Batman series. LoL.
I do feel my hip restriction on my bike but as its non weight bearing, it's not real painful when pedalling.
I also carry 2 Ortleib panniers on the back and handlebar bag all the time.
I would like to report in from time to time to tell of my progress if anyone would be interested.
I go in to hospital for operation on Thursday January 16, 2020, about 3 weeks from yesterday...gotta say I'm quite nervous about it as this is the first major operation for me. Yikes
My goal and dream is to eventually get into bike touring.
Hopefully one day touring the Japanese countryside. I want to do some of the USA one day.

cheers

brumby33
(Dave)
Likes For YBeecher: