Old 01-02-20, 06:14 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDudeIsHere
It amazes me how many posters claim to get harassed on the bike. I myself have gotten far more compliments from passing drivers than any kind of negativity.

I often wonder if these frequent targets are really lousy cyclists who piss off passing drivers, weak looking harassment bait, or just plain ugly.

I'll pass on the trolling, thanks.

I ride a lot, over many different roads and paths, and there's places where I could ride for weeks and not encounter a single unpleasant interaction with drivers. There's other places (e.g., Fitchburg, MA) where I can count on at least a few drivers to act like total jerks. Busy tourist areas will also bring out the worst in drivers, who I suspect are trying to handle traffic with a hangover. These are places where I get "ride on the sidewalk" screamed at me, often while I'm actually moving faster than the traffic.

It's a small minority of drivers who do this, but they seem to flock in some places. I think you're congratulating yourself for riding somewhere where there aren't many of the bad apples. Plus, apparently, you just like to insult people.
Likes For livedarklions: