Dan333SP
Serious Cyclist

Bikes: Emonda SL6

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5721 Post(s)
Liked 261 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by robbyville
Our group rides are pretty well labeled. So if our Wednesday ride is a recovery and goes 17-19mph (flat area), and I’m in the mood for a harder workout I’ll just pull longer than my fair share or pace the group. Or ride on my own.

we recently started an amazing z2 ride, of course that’s different for everyone but basically 55 miles 19-22moh average and we get a huge group every Saturday of over 40ppl easily depending on time of year. Sometimes folks will split up and go off the front we let them go stretch the group and the legs for a bit. If they try to push the group beyond the intent of the ride we politely suggest the local A or B ride which are a different work out!

Then I have a smaller group of folks that I ride with regularly. When I choose to ride with them I know exactly what I’m in for a nice pleasant 14-18mph average for about 30 miles chatting all the while and coffee afterwards, I’ll pull a bit longer than some but always stay together since that’s what we bought into and as a smaller group would suck for the less strong people to leave them in the middle of the ride.

thankfully lots of options where I am!
Was in Palm Springs about a year and a half ago with a rental bike, I wanted to join a few of those group rides but the timing didn't work out. Would love to tag along if we return in the next year or two, since we loved our trip there.