Old 01-08-20, 04:25 PM
Wilfred Laurier
Señor Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 293 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by WizardOfBoz
I mean, feel free to put me on the ignore list (there is such a facility in BF, btw).
Thanks for the kind words.
Perhaps I was too unequivocal in my criticisms.
The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing. Maybe someday I will start to learn this.
The first ~2 decades of my working life was spent becoming decreasingly gruntled in the back of bike shops fighting with seized bottom brackets and seatposts. I moved to a new career before someone got the sharp end of a Tourney crankset to the skull.

Anyhoo,
I specifically did not say 'ignore list' as I like to debunk obvious falsehoods and misunderstandings when I see them. Only people who are abusive or otherwise can't play nice get a full 'ignore'... so far this is a total of about three people over the years I have been using these for a under multiple user names. Being 'wrong' doesn't warrant exclusion from conversation. My personal 'do not listen' list is not written down anywhere, but I try to keep it in mind when reading others' advice, so I know to whose advice a grain of salt should be added. Debunking entrenched mistaken beliefs is a hobby I use as a logic and writing challenge.