View Single Post
Old 01-12-20, 04:37 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
It took a few months (kinda normal for this Toad), but I finally pulled the trigger on a new pair of Pearl Izumi Pro AmFIB Super gloves.

Overthinking is a thing for me ... the LBS has both options in my OP. Yesterday, I brought home XXL 45NRTH gloves (no other sizes between S and XXL available); thought on it over night; went back to exchange for XL Pearl gloves. I felt like the Pearl gloves were too tight in the pinky/ring finger; if the 45NRTH had a strap to tighten around the wrist, I'd likely kept them so I could ride with a liner glove on the coldest rides. But ultimately, I was concerned about wet 30F rides and the XXL 45NRTH getting sloppy and making it hard to feel the bars without an adjustable strap at the wrist (just elastic).

I took the Pearl gloves out today for about an hour at 15F, they are just like my last pair (great). Hands were never cold, got sweaty after about 30 minutes, but stayed very comfortable while wet. Forecast has us headed to the -20F range, I'll post an update when I get out in the sub-zero stuff.

Last edited by Hypno Toad; 01-21-20 at 08:35 AM.