Old 01-12-20, 08:51 PM
Nyah
QR-disc must die!!!

Bikes: '99 Trek 520, '20 Kona Sutra (FOR SALE 48cm), '21 Simon-Bikes mini-velo and a chromoly-framed folding bicycle with drop-bars and V-brakes, that rolls even while folded.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 147 Posts
Protection from chainring, working within derailer limit.

I contend with a couple of issues and am wondering if this component would work with my Shimano 105 front derailer: the Litepro 56t chainring with integrated guard. The first issue is my trouser leg getting caught by the chainring. Just today I was excited to get out on my bike, but then forgot to tuck my trouser leg into my sock and then Scrage! - my pant leg was getting chewed up in something. I want to try a chainring guard. The second issue is that I want to switch to a larger chainring. So can I just get the larger chainring and a longer chain to accommodate it? To handle both of these issues, I am considering the Litepro 56t chainring with integrated guard but am unsure if the front derailer would work with it. The limit of the Shimano 105 f.derailer is 56t, so that's what I'm interested in.

Last edited by Nyah; 01-12-20 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Removed image because it was distorting the text of my message.