View Single Post
Old 01-18-20, 09:36 PM
shmuelyosef

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
'Honest Fixie/SS and a "wet-bike" trainer

I have been riding singlespeeds as my urban steed for a few years, and have always had to fuss with the rear wheel alignment, etc...I finally started hunting for a bonafide track frame (an older KHS/Ritchey frame originally commissioned by <SanFranCyclo.com> and transferred my SS setup to it...so much nicer!! (pics below)

Also working on getting a meaningful 'wet bike' together that will still be fun to train on in the winter. Have an older Miyata 710 (that was also my most recent SS) and bought a middle-aged bike with a VGC Shimano 105 group and some decent Cane Creek Crono wheels (after truing). Scored some SKS P35 fenders on clearance from REI and ready to start building. The 710 has nice clearance for 28mm tires and full mounting bosses (unlike my main roadie Miyata Team Pro). I'm tired of hosing off my MTP...hope I finish it before the rain stops!!

Here are the SS/Fixie pics (question to all...is it worth buying/making a single stem spacer to replace the 3 that I had lying about?

23 pounds before lights and U-Lock. This will get a new saddle (WTB CroMoly Volt) in a few days. The Specialized is shot

Really dig the function and look of the Suntour Superbe brakes. Have had these in storage for >> a decade!