Old 01-18-20, 09:43 PM
melikebikey35

Bikes: Cervelo R5 disc - Limited, Cervelo Aspero

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
That’s not answering the (my) question, but no need.

It seems the OP’s desire to use his power pedals limits his use of shoes to road shoes unless somebody knows of a mt. bike shoe with a recessed cleat area, plus lugs for traction and that allows use of a 3 bolt cleat. I’ve never seen that.

Possibly he (assumption) will not be cross racing or riding such terrain that will see him wanting a shoe that’s easier to walk in.
A MTB shoe that excepts a 3-bolt road cleat is not something that I would be interested in, even if it existed...you'd still end up with the mud buildup issue that I'd be looking to avoid.
Honestly, I'm not sure what terrain I'll be riding. During the winter, at least, I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking to dirt roads/light gravel tracks. But come summer time, I'll probably end up riding more technical/messy stuff when I'm able to do riding in the mountains.

I have no problem with having to use road and MTB systems, but I'd prefer not to unless it's necessary, simply due to the initial cost (~$700 on the low end) of doing so...and bases on the feedback here (and my very brief experience, today) I sure it's something that I'm going to have to invest in.