View Single Post
Old 01-21-20, 01:13 PM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 864 Post(s)
Liked 210 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Austexguy View Post
Donít forget the Tong-Shen tsdz2, a torque sensing mid-drive. I have one and I love it, even more than the bbs-02 it replaced.
much cheaper than the revel unit , but battery is not included.
Originally Posted by Moe Zhoost View Post
The TSDZ2 package I installed on my wife's bike is working very well. I recommend it highly for performance and value.
Gentlemen, thank you for the recommendation. The Tong-Shen looks like a true torque sensing system for the active cyclist. I'm reading that the power assist tapers off as the cadence increases above 90 rpm, it this accurate? It's not a deal breaker, but I'm interested to know the specifics. Also, at what speed does the power assist begin to taper.

Thanks'
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.