View Single Post
Old 01-21-20, 03:57 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
I'm not sure there has ever been more than three or four female sociopaths in human history. The term is badly overused. Did you know BTW that a sociopath is a purely American phenomenon? I didn't make that up. The chances that that young woman is a sociopath is infinitesimal. Some may want to argue with that. Can you argue with this: that POS truck she was driving should never be allowed on a public road. In just the last couple of months I have overheard conversations and been involved in conversations with people I know well who admitted to the fact that their cars prevented them from hitting people that they did not even see! That's right. Cars that you can buy right now. Ordinary people, not making much more than $50K/yr. can own vehicles that have the ability to detect peds and cyclists in the vehicle's path and protect them from collision. I would MUCH rather that a driver not hit me at all than that they hit me and stand around wringing their hands while onlookers shoot them dirty looks while First Responders work on my badly broken body.

Are we just going to keep moaning and groaning about psychopathic drivers or distracted drivers or elderly drivers or whatever, or are we going to make monster size trucks that can flatten a human being without the driver even noticing ILLEGAL. Are we going to mandate that everyone who drives (yes that means you) drive a modern vehicle new enough to have driver assist features? If not, fine, but lets not turn up the faux outrage only when someone gets hit. It's going to get much worse before it gets better. Again, as I understand it, fatal cyclist and pedestrian incidents were increasing at an average 18%/yr. until most large cities adopted "Vision Zero" programs. Now fatal pedestrian and cyclist incidents have been increasing 30%/yr!! Only in America. Everywhere else in the world where visionary governments lower speed limits and post signage educating drivers to being courteous and civil towards vulnerable road users, they listen! In the US, the opposite, the more you try to educate drivers or create sharrow signage or other traffic calming measures the more it angers drivers and makes for hostile encounters with peds and cyclists. That truck should be crushed while the driver watches.