View Single Post
Old 01-23-20, 05:39 PM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 2,167 Times in 560 Posts
It is wrong to assume everyone with earbuds/pods while riding is blaring music. Personally, I am a podcast junkie. Most of my rides are solo, and I frequently ride while listening to podcasts (often history-related podcasts). I keep the volume at a conversational level, and usually only use the right earbud. I wouldn't use them during a group ride out of courtesy, because someone might want to start up a conversation while riding. I can hear traffic just fine whether talking with a real person or listening to a podcast. I've never been on a group ride where there is a "no talking" rule.

Btw, if you can get past the slightly dorky look, these "cat ears" are helpful in reducing wind noise while riding. I use the slim version. I'm not sure how much they help with the speaker part, but they do definitely help you hear cars, calls, and podcasts while riding:
https://www.cat-ears.com/