canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
What's your longest ride?
A couple of centuries, just over 100 miles. Maybe once or twice a year. An old neck injury usually limits my distance. After 75 miles it's torture on the neck. I mostly aim for "metric" centuries. I can handle 63 miles without much pain.

What's your average ride?
Probably 25 miles for solo workouts. Ranges from 20-40 on variations of the same mostly rural route that's about 33% climbing, depending on weather and how I feel. I average 500 miles a month.

What's the least mileage you'll bother getting kitted up and out for?
As little as 10 miles for Strava PRs and KOMs (the latter is usually out of my reach). I'll kit up in aero gear, helmet, etc., for some 5-6 mile long roller segments, or a few climbs up to a mile long, for Strava PR attempts.

But I'm extremely slow to warm up. It can take me up to an hour just to warm up enough for a maximum effort. So either I'll do 30-60 minutes on the trainer before chasing a Strava PR, or ride at an easy pace for up to an hour before tackling the hard segments.

Saturday looks like a good day for chasing Strava -- stiff steady tailwind from the south. And there are some roller segments up to 2.5 miles, mostly climbing, that will be fun. All the local KOMs and top tens are tailwind assisted or pacelines, so I ain't ashamed. But I always specify I took advantage of the tailwind in my Strava logs. My Strava handle is "tailwind mooch." I ain't proud. Just having fun.